We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Shimano SH-RC7 Cycling Shoe – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 67
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- The BOA system makes it easy and quick to adjust the tightness of your shoe.
- Very comfortable and requires little to no break-in time.
- Adjustable due to the dial system for efficiency.
- Carbon sole is very stiff for ample power transfer.
- Lightweight material and lighter than other similar options.
- Looks great and is stylish while riding.
- The BOA dial was improved since previous years, creating a more comfortable and consistent feel.
- The carbon composite provides a stiff sole for power transfer, but remains comfortable and flexible.
- The upper is well-ventilated and breathable due to the material used.
- The outer sole is designed to release tension and stress from your feet and calves.
- Provides great ventilation for warmer days on the bike.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Expensive when compared to other options on the market.
- The edge of the tongue is rough and can cut into your foot if you wear lower socks.
- Some users will not like the feel of the heel cup while cycling.
- The material that wraps around your ankle for tightening the BOA can dig into your ankle.
- The toe and heel pads are not replaceable if they break down over time.
- The exterior finish can succumb to wear and tear and scratch easily.
The Shimano SH-RC7 Cycling Shoe for men is a powerful, stiff, and durable shoe that is well-suited for cyclists who want a shoe that can provide both power transfer and ample ventilation during a wide range of conditions. Despite the fit in the heel area not being the best for some foot shapes and the material digging into your ankle, the ability of this shoe to easily adjust, to provide both stiffness and flex, and to remain comfortable over time makes this a reliable choice for any level of cyclist.