We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Patagonia PowSlayer Jacket – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 48
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Features extra length to cover your backside during activities for ample warmth.
- The draw-cord system secures your hood tightly and holds during all conditions.
- This lightweight jacket combines minimalism and pockets for ample storage, combining the best of both worlds.
- Very pack-able for easy transport and stowing in your backpack during hikes.
- Provides a great range of motion for use during various activities.
- The zipper pulls are easy and functional to use while wearing gloves.
- The color and the weight of the jacket make it stylish to wear on or off the trail.
- Good choice for those who frequently ski or board in wet weather.
- Very lightweight and thin for comfort while wearing.
- Features great waterproofing for being such a lightweight jacket, protecting against inclement weather.
- Features a DWR finish to protect against light precipitation.
- Features two chest pockets for extra secure storage and one lift pass pocket for functionality.
- Has ample ventilation and breathability for use during warmer weather.
- Provides great protection for being so lightweight, complete with a Gore-Tex Pro construction.
- Contains built-in, push button cord lock cinches on the hood, collar, and waist, for ample adjustability and customization of fit.
- Contains a hidden RECCO reflector for avalanche safety on the mountain.
- The powder skirt is lightweight and effective for compatibility.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The hood seams are a little short, which causes you to feel the weight of the jacket hanging on top of your helmet, causing some discomfort.
- Some users wish the front zipper was a 2-way zipper for ease of use.
- The hood is short, so the visor does not extend far enough over your helmet to protect your vision.
- The material is stiff and crunchy, which limits the comfort and softness.
- The two chest zippers are difficult to open and close, making it more tedious.
- The material is crinkly and can be noisy while you are moving around.
- The fit runs a little bit larger than expected, so you may have to try on before buying.
- Not the most durable when compared to other options on the market.
- Very expensive for a shell jacket.
The Patagonia PowSlayer Jacket for men is an adjustable, lightweight, and breathable option that is well-suited for those who want a combination of a lighter layer that can also be very protective in inclement weather. Despite being expensive and not the most durable, this jacket could be a good choice for skiers and boarders who need a versatile layer that can be worn in almost any condition.