We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Western Mountaineering Flight Down Pant – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 15
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Very lightweight for comfort during all-day use.
- The full-length zippers provide ample functionailty.
- The Velcro tabs aid in the adjustability and fit of the pants.
- Contains 850-fill goose down for plenty of warmth on cold days.
- The loft is very high and provides ample comfort for long-term use.
- Compress really well for easy transportation.
- Contains plenty of articulation in the knees for full mobility.
- Features 850-fill goose down for ample warmth and comfort.
- The fabric is wind resistant and moisture-resistant for added protection.
- The exterior fabric has tougher material on the backside and knees for added durability.
- The full-length side zippers let you easily layer.
- The side zippers enhance breathability during intense activities.
- The elastic cuffs have Velcro for added adjustability.
- The waist belt is adjustable for customization of fit.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some reports of the elastic cuffs being too tight to fit over boots.
- Since the material is lightweight, it is not the most abrasion-resistant.
- Does not come with a stuff sack, which limits functionality.
- Expensive when compared to other options on the market.
- No color selection which limits personalization.
- Lack of pockets makes it difficult to carry any gear.
The Western Mountaineering Flight Down Pant for men is a warm, comfortable, and lightweight option. Despite not being the most durable, the combination of breathability and high-loft down makes for a decently ventilated and comfortable pant that provides impressive warmth. This down pant is expensive, but is worth the price if you frequently are outside during very cold temperatures.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web. Some expert reviews include these: 1.