We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Arc’teryx Atom AR Hooded Insulated Jacket – Women’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 112
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Provides ample warmth and comfort to keep your temperature regulated in cold conditions.
- Good design and material for an all-around jacket.
- Can easily pair this jacket with a hard shell for wind protection for an extra layer of warmth and comfort close to your body.
- The cut of the arms works well for outdoor activities and mobility.
- Water is able to bead up and roll off of the outer material, enhancing the water resistance.
- Provides ample warmth, and is warmer than other similar options like the Atom LT.
- The AR provides some water-resistance from light precipitation, meaning you won’t necessarily need a rain shell unless it is heavily raining.
- The wrist cuffs provide enough space to seal the heat inside, but are stretchy enough to push up on your forearms.
- Features a DWR coating for added protection against light precipitation.
- The style of the AR is a regular fit, which is a little bit baggier than a trim fit, and allows for more room for layering underneath.
- Features a high thermal value during slow activities or while taking a break during alpine activities.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some users say the colors look different online than in person, so you may want to purchase from a store instead.
- Expensive option compared to other jackets on the market.
- Some reports of the zipper slipping down if you wear a bulkier layer underneath.
- Bulky fit, so it limits the mobility and flexibility other jackets can offer.
- Heavier when compared to other similar jackets, which limits the packability and ease of transportation.
- Not very breathable, so a lack of breathability and a heavier material severely reduce the ventilation qualities.
- The pockets are pretty shallow, so you may have trouble keeping your phone or some bigger-sized electronics securely inside.
The Arc’teryx Atom AR Hooded Insulated Jacket for women is a versatile, warm, and functional jacket that is well-suited for those who want an extremely warm and weather-resistant layering option. Despite being expensive and too heavy/non-ventilated for extremely intense activities, this jacket could be a good choice for those who perform low-intensity and longer outdoor activities in cold weather. Providing warmth, layering functionality, and a mobile fit, this jacket can work well for most outdoor adventurers.