We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Arc’teryx Atom SL Hooded Jacket – Women’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 183
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Very lightweight, but still provides ample warmth during colder days.
- The fabric is soft and comfortable to wear during long days.
- The fit is flattering and the jacket is stylish for wearing around town or on adventures.
- Breathable and well-ventilated for regulating temperature effectively.
- Weather-resistant for protection against light precipitation and winds.
- Easily packable, making it convenient for travel and transporting.
- Provides ample versatility for a variety of outdoor conditions and activities.
- Contains breathable fabric and a ventilated design for temperature regulation.
- The jacket moves well during activities and is very mobile for ample movement.
- The fleece side panels stretch for added comfort and flexibility.
- The hood is well-made and fits well for added functionality.
- The side pockets are big enough to store gear comfortably and securely.
- Breathable and low-profile enough to wear during strenuous exercise comfortably.
- Features weather-resistant face fabric for additional weather protection.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Can be a bit stiff if you zip the jacket all the way up, limiting the overall comfort.
- Some users reported that the overall fit is too slim for their body shape.
- There is minimal insulation in the sleeves, so if your arms get cold easily, you may need to layer underneath.
- The jacket is expensive when compared to other choices on the market.
- The fabric shell is thinner overall, limiting the amount of warmth it can provide.
- The lightweight hood can whip around in the wind if it’s not on your head, which can be annoying.
- Not able to stuff into own pocket, which limits the ease of storing it.
- Won’t keep you warm in really cold weather or dry in lots of precipitation, limiting the weather-protection.
The Arc’teryx Atom SL Hooded Jacket is a lightweight, weather-resistant, and highly-mobile jacket that can serve as a layering option in various conditions or climates. Despite being expensive and not providing the most warmth or protection, this jacket isn’t designed to be a stand-alone layer in extreme conditions. Instead, it was created for a variety of activities, versatility in numerous conditions, and the ability to layer comfortably.