We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Black Diamond Stormline Stretch Rain Shell – Women’s and summarize the results below:
PeakScore: 90 (out of 100)
User Rating: 4.6 stars
Expert Rating: 4.2 stars
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 110
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Works well as a windbreaker to keep the cold wind from entering the jacket.
- Has a great fit and length for ample mobility and functionality.
- Able to layer easily to work in a variety of conditions and enhance versatility.
- Able to pack small for easy transport during adventures.
- Features an adjustable hood for full protection against the weather.
- Contains pit zips for ample breathability and ventilation to regulate temperature.
- Features waterproofing abilities and taped seams for extra protection.
- Lightweight for a rain jacket that contains numerous features and protection.
- Stretchy material allows you to fully move during activities.
- Features a helmet-compatible hood for functionality and protection.
- Stretchy and packable for convenient transportation.
- The neck can zipper up high so it protects your face and seals in the warmth.
- The fabric is soft against your skin for consistent comfort.
- The lightweight material provides ample comfort for long days on the mountain.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Expensive, but you get a great quality product for the price you pay.
- The material is thin, so some users question the durability against wear and tear.
- The hood can sometimes block your vision from the sides when wearing without a helmet.
- The arms fit is pretty long, so it might not fit certain body shapes.
- Despite having pit zips, the breathability isn’t the best on the market.
- The adjustable waist toggle is only on one side which limits the convenience.
- Not the best choice for prolonged or heavy precipitation.
- Not the lightest jacket on the market for a shell.
The Black Diamond Stormline Stretch Rain Shell for women is a protective, comfortable, and mobile rain shell that is versatile in many conditions. Despite not being the lightest or the most breathable, this shell provides great layering abilities to make it usable in various climates and precipitation levels. Although we wouldn’t recommend wearing this as a stand-alone layer during heavy precipitation, the soft material and great fit allow you to easily layer this shell.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web. Some expert reviews include these: 1, 2, 3, 4.