We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Black Diamond Touchstone Haul Bag and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 16
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Provides ample space for plenty of equipment and gear.
- Easy to pack and unpack for efficiency.
- Very durable and can withstand abrasion.
- Works well for check-in luggage for convenience during flights.
- Stands straight up with the top wide open, making it easy to pack and unpack.
- Clean, sleek, and simple design for style.
- The process of opening and closing the bag is very easy and makes the unloading or loading process quicker.
- Great size for most routes and excursions, adding versatility.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Not as comfortable as some other options on the market.
- The nylon gets stiff when the weather is very cold, limiting comfort.
- The top of the bag is not watertight, which limits the protection.
- Tough to improvise to make the top of the bag water-resistance.
- The haul straps are a little too long for crag pack since they can get caught on debris.
- Does not feature any compression straps across the top for an ideal travel bag.
- Might be too small for single haul bag use for most users.
- Expensive compared to other options for the lack of features.
The Black Diamond Touchstone Haul Bag is a durable, convenient, and functional option that works well for those who want an easy-to-use pack. Despite not being completely waterproof and lacking some features, the simplicity of this pack is what makes it appealing to some users. This haul bag could be a good choice for those who want a versatile and sleek bag, although it might be too small for single haul users.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web. Some expert reviews include these: 1.