We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Misty Mountain Cadillac Harness and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 28
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- The six gear loops help to keep all your gear accessible.
- The two waist buckles keep the harness sturdy and even.
- Works well in bringing items up as a second option since it has so many gear loops.
- Very comfortable and high-quality material and construction.
- Performs well on various climbing styles, like trad, speed, and big wall, due to the functionality and fit.
- Efficiently distributes a full trad rack comfortably.
- Adjustable leg loops for customization of fit.
- Great for climbers who want a functional harness that is made for longer and trad climbs.
- Long-lasting over multiple years.
- The wider cut back is great for comfort during belays.
- The haul loop is rated at full strength, enhancing reliability and safety.
- Ample customization options and a variety of colors.
- The buckles allow for easy in and out from the harness.
- The double-waist buckles let you adjust the harness equally on both sides.
- The foam padding provides comfort in the leg loops
- Allows for a great range of motion.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some might wish the clippers had an extra loop to clip-on shoes.
- Might not be the best for sport and gym climbing, since there are lighter harnesses out there.
- Slightly expensive when compared to other models.
- Not the best option for fast climbs or big alpine approaches due to the heavier weight and many gear slots.
- Bulkier than most sport or alpine models.
The Misty Mountain Cadillac Harness is an adjustable, functional, and long-lasting option that is best suited for long and trad routes, due to the ample storage and convenience provided. Since it is a heavier option that has multiple gear loops, it wouldn’t be the best option for sport and gym climbing, or climbers who want to travel light. For those who want easy customization of fit, a full range of motion, and functional storage, then this option is great for you.