We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Giro Vanquish MIPS Helmet and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 157
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Very good aerodynamics while cycling in the wind.
- The magnetic clips are easy to adjust quickly while cycling.
- Reduction in air resistance when compared to other options on the market.
- The magnetic lens works well and locks on securely.
- The lens is easy to remove and reinstall for compatibility and ease of use.
- Very comfortable for long rides on the road.
- The fit and airflow work well for a variety of weather conditions.
- Visor optics are top-of-the-line and keep a clear line of sight to the road.
- Safety features work well in this helmet, keeping the helmet securely on your head and fully protecting in the event of a crash.
- The top fit system is functional and easy to adjust.
- The eyeshield does a great job of keeping out wind and debris from getting into your eyes.
- Features MIPS for extra protection against rotational head impacts.
- The MIPS liner doesn’t add any extra bulk to the inside of the helmet, enhancing the comfort.
- Features antimicrobial padding to wick sweat away while maintaining hygiene.
- The design of the helmet reduces drag, letting you go faster while cycling.
- The retention system holds tight without putting pressure on your scalp.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The visor deflection can also block some of the wind coming through, which will keep it off of your face, but limit the airflow for temperature cooling.
- The lens is not polarized, which some users may not like.
- Have to hold your head at a specific angle for the four air vents to work well.
- The black helmet might not be the best choice of color for safety reasons.
- The style is not the best on the market, with a lack of details and color options.
- The rear retention dial is easy to reach, but could be a bit bigger for ease of use.
- We recommend measuring your head using the size charts before buying so the helmet doesn’t slip down during use.
The Giro Vanquish MIPS Helmet is a protective, adjustable, and functional choice that works well for long days in the saddle. Despite the helmet not being very stylish and some quirks with the airflow inside the helmet, if you are looking for an easy-to-adjust, secure, and MIPS-protected choice, then look no further.