We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Marmot Dropway Jacket – Women’s and summarize the results below:
PeakScore: N/A (out of 100)
User Rating: 4.2 stars
Expert Rating: N/A stars
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 61
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Warm and comfortable for long days.
- Able to wear with thicker base layers and other thinner choices for a variety of layering options.
- The fit is spot-on to your normal size, making it easy to order online.
- Plenty of pockets for ample secure storage.
- The hood is helmet-compatible for extra protection and functionality.
- The fit is a longer cut, so it stays low and keeps you warm while doing outdoor activities.
- Technical for performance-oriented use on the mountain.
- Utilizes a special membrane that is air permeable for temperature regulation.
- Fully waterproof and seam-taped for ample protection.
- Features a gasket adjustment that lets you put the hood on over your helmet without having to unzip the front zipper, enhancing the functionality and ease of use.
- Features hand-warmer pockets for warmth and secure storage.
- Contains a powder skirt with grip tape to hold it in place and increase compatibility options.
- Inside pockets for valuable items like media devices to protect them from the weather.
- Lightly insulated with thermal insulation to keep you warm without overheating.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The neck shape comes up very high, which can rub against your skin and cause some chaffing.
- The high neck can impede your vision, reducing the functionality of the jacket.
- Some reports of users not liking the longer arms and the lack of a removable hood.
The Marmot Dropway Jacket for women is a performance-oriented, fully-protective, and comfortable jacket for all-day use on the mountain. Despite some reports of the neck being too high and rubbing the skin and blocking vision, this jacket could be a good choice for those who want a fully waterproof, temperature-regulated, and warm layering option for the mountain.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web. Some expert reviews include these: 1.