We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Garmin Forerunner 35 and summarize the results below:
PeakScore: 86 (out of 100)
User Rating: 4.5 stars
Expert Rating: 3.9 stars
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 8213
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- The heart rate monitor provides an accurate reading for a beneficial training tool.
- The satellite acquisition for a GPS signal is quick and effective.
- Provides the ability to easily pace yourself on a training run.
- Feature a built-in GPS and heart rate monitor for performance benefits.
- The display is a higher-resolution than previous models for additional clarity.
- Waterproof to work during inclement weather.
- The battery life is long-lasting for full-day activities.
- The all-day tracking provides plenty of stats like steps, calories, and heart rate.
- Lightweight and easy to use for added efficiency.
- Compatible to control the music playback on your phone.
- Works with ANT+ sensors for additional compatibility.
- The price is competitive and easy for the high-quality product you get.
- Comfortable to wear for all-day use.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The watch can take up to 3 minutes to notice your pacing changes, which can make this tough to use during interval runs.
- The AutoPause feature does not work, so you need to pause manually.
- You can only set one interval time for your workout, so you can’t change your intervals mid-workout for added training benefits.
- Only works well for running and is not compatible with other sports, like swimming.
- Does not have enough features for the advanced runner who frequently does interval runs.
- The sleep tracker is not as accurate as some of the competition.
- The blocky design is not as aesthetic or stylish as other watches.
- The heart rate monitor is not very accurate.
- Does not contain newer features like on other more-modern watches.
The Garmin Forerunner 35 is a comfortable, easy-to-use, and runner-centric watch that provides the basics necessary for easy runs and all-day fitness tracking. Although this watch lacks extra features and is not the most accurate in terms of data tracking, this watch provides enough performance metrics for the casual 3-times-a-week runner.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web. Some expert reviews include these: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16.