We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Marmot Long Hauler Large 75L Duffel Bag and summarize the results below:
PeakScore: 89 (out of 100)
User Rating: 4.5 stars
Expert Rating: 4.3 stars
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 139
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Ample size and functional storage.
- Separate pocket for isolating shoes if you’re using the bag for travel or the gym.
- The backpack/duffel combination is efficient for traveling since it is easy to carry.
- The folding straps on the bag make it easy to pull the bag out from hard-to-reach places.
- The handle is durable and works well.
- Water-resistant due to the outer-shell top cover.
- Ideal size for a carry on.
- Features reinforced rip-stop fabric for durability.
- Three options for carrying; using the handles, the shoulder strap, or the harness on the back.
- Features two separate compartments in the interior with zippers, along with two side compartments.
- The two carrying straps have a Velcro strap to combine them, allowing for usage as shoulder carrying or as a backpack.
- The two shoulder straps easily adjust.
- Features a deep notch for carrying with one hand, making it more comfortable on your hand.
- Grab loops are on all sides, promoting functionality.
- Two sets of vertical daisy chains aid with strapping.
- The compression straps try and keep the gear inside from moving around too much.
- Since the bag is softer and less rigid, it may be easier to pack more items and configure them.
- One of the lighter duffels in the ‘lightweight duffel’ category.
- The double-layered bottom of the bag helps in protecting your back.
- The bag features a large D-shaped opening allowing for easy packing, complete with a locking YKK durable zipper.
- The straps are removable and can be placed inside the duffel to save space.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The backpack straps do not come off very easily when you need to stow.
- The bottom is not as thick of material as the rest of the bag, so it is more prone to wear-and-tear.
- The bag will sometimes lose shape if the contents are moving around inside the bag, leading to uneven weight distribution.
- The lack of structure and rigidity of the bag make it difficult to stand up and pack.
- Not as durable as some of the competition.
- The bag is water-resistant, but not as much as some other bags that are more suited for using in wet climates.
- The newer version of this bag has thinner fabric than previous models.
- The bottom seams are not taped, which could lead to leaks.
The Marmot Long Hauler Large 75L Duffel Bag is a great choice for general travel, everyday use, or adventures. The durability, ample storage, and efficiency make this a top choice for using around town, or for bringing on a weekend away.