We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Outdoor Research Interstellar Jacket – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 33
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Easy to pack and doesn’t take up much room inside of your backpack.
- Durable to last for many seasons of use.
- Very lightweight, but remains waterproof for ample protection.
- Windproof to cut down on the breezes from coming inside of the jacket.
- The big hood and tall collar work well while wearing a helmet and provide protection against the wind from hitting your face.
- The material is soft against your skin for comfort during all-day use.
- Great weather protection for a thin and lightweight layer.
- The soft material keeps it quiet and comfy during use.
- Wicks moisture away while using for ample ventilation and temperature regulation.
- Features taped seams and YKK water-resistant zippers for extra weather protection.
- Contains pockets with mesh linings for ventilation and breathability.
- No compromises on functionality, even being so lightweight for a shell.
- Contains zip hand and chest pockets for secure storage of items.
- Full freedom of movement and range of motion while climbing for functionality.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Expensive compared to other options on the market.
- Thinner and not as durable as a standard rain shell.
- Some users may prefer having a two-way zip for added compatibility.
- Even though the pockets have ventilation with the mesh, it reduces the storage capabilities of the pockets.
- Expensive for a hardshell without a lot of features.
- The DWR coating can lose effectiveness on blocking light precipitation over a short period of time.
The Outdoor Research Interstellar Jacket for men is a protective, lightweight, and comfortable softshell that can work well in a variety of conditions. Despite some issues about the durability and the high price, this jacket could be a good layering option for those who want to frequently toss a lightweight shell into their pack, and need a breathable, weatherproof, and highly-mobile jacket for outdoor activities.