We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Salomon Outline GTX Hiking Shoe – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 93
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Provides ample stability and sturdiness while walking on uneven terrain.
- Features solid grip for traction on slippery surfaces for stability.
- Provides enough comfort to wear both on and off the trail.
- Keeps your feet dry in wet conditions so they remain warm and comfortable.
- Easy to clean due to the rubberized toe and heel for efficient use.
- Provides enough breathability while wearing in the heat for temperature regulation.
- The Gore-Tex material keeps your feet dry and provides weather protection.
- Lightweight for comfortable use all day long.
- Waterproof for weather protection in all conditions.
- Provides a running shoe type feel for those who like more minimalist hiking shoes.
- Features a Quicklace system for easy on and off.
- The ankle cut is low for those who want a more minimal feel instead of a heavy boot.
- The grip and traction grips on some terrain, like rocks and light mud.
- Provides ample flexibility for additional use as trail running shoes.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some reports of the shoes not fitting true to size and the sizing chart being confusing to users when buying the product.
- Some users may not like the narrower sole if they do not fit to your feet correctly.
- The shoe lacks support that some users may need, especially if you are prone to rolling ankles.
- Not the best in terms of comfort and durability, so users may not like to wear them for multiple days.
- Despite the traction gripping in some terrain, it is not the grippiest in comparison to others on the market.
- Not the most durable shoe on the market, so it may not last multiple hiking seasons.
- This shoe might only be a good choice for lighter and easier trails, instead of true mountain hiking.
The Salomon Outline GTX Hiking Shoe for men is a breathable, weather-protective, and minimalist shoe that can work well for those who want a combination of a hiking shoe and a trail running shoe. Although this shoe might lack the durability and tread for more intense mountain trails, this hiking shoe could be a good choice for outdoor enthusiasts who want a lightweight, waterproof, and stable option.