We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Salomon Speedcross 4 Trail Running Shoe – Men’s and summarize the results below:
PeakScore: 91 (out of 100)
User Rating: 4.6 stars
Expert Rating: 4.6 stars
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 616
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Water resistant qualities.
- Lugs on the shoe gripped a variety of surfaces.
- No blisters, no tight spots, and no jamming toes in front of shoes.
- Quick break-in period.
- Comfortable material and fit.
- Ankle and foot bed support is good for a normal, low shoe.
- Ideal fit and traction for trail running.
- Speed laces for ease in tightening.
- Fit snug to start out but mold to your foot to become the best.
- Easy to lace up with its system and easy to take off.
- Breathable and durable.
- Lightweight and flexible.
- Contigrip outer sole helps you stick to wet surfaces.
- Full lug along the outside to improve grip.
- Cushion placed throughout midsole to absorb shock where you need it most.
- Mesh is breathable and helps keep debris out.
- The overlays add durability to the upper areas that are prone to wear.
- Shoe is lined with a soft moisture-wicking nylon material.
- Lots of color choices.
- The cushion overall is 30 mm, which is about as high as it gets. This tapers down as you get to the forefoot.
- Shoe has a neutral arch and works for most feet.
- Regarding the lacing system, a single pull tightens the shoe to your foot, and it stores in a pocket on the tongue of the shoe.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Not waterproof.
- Tread wears down fairly quickly.
- Reports of insoles folding up under foot when coming down hill.
- The lugs on the bottom wear down to nothing.
- May be too narrow for some feet.
- Some runners with wide feet may find this fit constricting, so they may have to size-up or try a different shoe.
- Lugs do not hold up to road or paved surfaces.
- Not offered in wide sizes.
The Salomon Speedcross 4 Trail Running Shoe for men is a durable, breathable, and supportive shoe that would suit the needs of most trail runners. The neutral arch, lacing system, and outer-sole grip make this a great choice for trail running on a variety of surfaces.