We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Scarpa Vapor V Climbing Shoe – XS Edge – Women’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 30
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Works well in small edges for grip and comfort.
- The sole is stiff enough for sturdy holds and ample performance.
- The construction and material work well for sport climbing and bouldering.
- The rubber is very sticky and can confidently hold to almost any terrain during a climb.
- The shoe is comfortable around the ankle bone and snugly holds onto your foot during use.
- There is no extra space around the foot, preventing any potential rubbing or chaffing.
- The tension system increases comfort while still keeping precision in tight spaces for ample performance capabilities.
- Sticks extremely well on almost all terrain for great versatility.
- The mesh tongue prevents the tongue from moving around while climbing and enhancing comfort.
- The toe box is both sturdy and comfortable for your feet.
- The velcro strap makes the shoe easy to get on and off quickly.
- Breathable to keep your feet ventilated and prevent overheating during warm days climbing.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- There are discrepancies in the sizing, with some users claiming the fit is true to size, while others claim they have to differ from their normal street size.
- The velcro strap on the top can sometimes get in the way of toe hooks or crack climbing due to the length.
- The downturned shape of the shoe makes it difficult to comfortably stand in while doing longer, multi-pitch climbs.
- Not the most sensitive shoe, so it wouldn’t be the best for feeling out the climbing terrain.
- Not the best choice for edging due to the lack of sensitivity.
The Scarpa Vapor V Climbing Shoe – XS Edge for women is a breathable, versatile, and comfortable option that works on almost any type of terrain during long days on slabs and walls. For those female climbers who are wanting an extremely versatile shoe that combines a snug fit and comfort with a firm hold, look no further.