We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Shred Optics Brain Box NoShock Helmet and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 28
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- High-quality design and construction for a long-lasting product.
- Lightweight and fits well for all-day use.
- Has a sleek and modern look that creates its own style and sets it apart from the crowd.
- Provides ample ventilation when you are in warm weather.
- Protects you entire head during crashes for full protection.
- The protection system meets all safety standards to fully protect your head.
- Works very well for riders who perform big drops, since it fully protects your face.
- Stylish and sleek for a modern and individual look.
- Offers two different pad thicknesses so you can make it fit your head perfectly.
- The shell covers your entire jaw and rear skull without pressing uncomfortably on your face.
- Provides ample view in all directions to clearly see the trails.
- The intuitive ratcheting system lets you easily adjust and fit your helmet.
- The rotational energy system absorbs impacts and protects your skull during crashes.
- The buckle is quick-release for easy use.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some reports of users wishing they made the helmet in a smaller size for more accommodation of head shapes.
- Some may not like the font of the Shred logo on the helmet.
- Despite being breathable, it is not the most ventilated during hot days on the trail.
- There are some concerns about the long term durability of the inner layered foam.
The Shred Optics Brain Box NoShock Helmet is a protective, adjustable, and functional option that works well for many different riding styles. If you are a mountain biker who cycles at high speeds and lives on the edge, then this helmet can provide the protection you need.