We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Tenaya Mundaka Climbing Shoe and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 34
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Mold to your foot shape for a snug and secure fit.
- Provide ample comfort for all-day use.
- Very grippy on a variety of terrain for functionality.
- Precise and sensitive to work on various terrain and fit into small spaces.
- The Velcro system is easy to adjust and holds your foot securely.
- Provides ample performance-capabilities for heel-hooking with confidence.
- Work very well at bouldering and sport routes due to the construction and materials used.
- The closure system is snug and adjustable for a secure fit.
- Provides ample edging ability for performance.
- High sensitivity for the amount of stiffness provided.
- Comfortable for long-term use on climbing routes and for multiple days in a row.
- Provides superior edging ability on overhung climbing sections.
- Stylish colors offered for complete personalization.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Not the best choice for users wanting a very stiff sole.
- Some users may not like the heel construction, since it is deeper than you might be used to.
- The downturn can diminish and deform after extended use.
- Difficult to use efficiently in cracks due to the construction.
- Does not provide enough support to be used for outdoor climbing routes.
- Provides less traction than others on smooth surfaces, so might not be the best for slab climbing.
The Tenaya Mundaka Climbing Shoe is a comfortable, adjustable, and functional shoe that works especially well on indoor climbing routes and bouldering. For climbers who almost solely climb inside, this shoe balances sensitivity, stiffness, and performance capabilities that can make this a one-stop-shop for what you need.