We’ve read the reviews across the web for the The North Face Rolling Thunder 30in Rolling Gear Bag and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 465
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Highly resistant to abrasions and tears from debris.
- Very spacious and provides ample room for clothing and gear for ample transportation.
- The straps can aid in keeping your items in place for organization.
- The handle pulls out easily and can be transported without a problem.
- Ample pocket space to organize your gear and small items securely.
- Many reports of being very durable and highly resistant to rips, tears, or cracks.
- Very durable for long-term use and protection.
- The zippers on the bag are sturdy and the tough nylon resists abrasions.
- Features two long outside compartments that are great for storing items you want to reach easily.
- The wheels on the bag can move smoothly on surfaces.
- Water-resistant for added weather protection.
- Easy to pack and organize all of your belongings.
- Various carrying options for ease of transportation.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some reports of cracks occurring after use or the wheel coming off.
- Some reports of the metal bracket at the bottom of the bag being prone to belt burns from the baggage carousels at airports.
- Some reports of the plastic bottom not appearing as durable or sturdy as the previous models.
- Heavy when compared to other options.
- The main handle protrudes into the main compartment and can dent whatever clothes are laying on top.
The North Face Rolling Thunder 30in Rolling Gear Bag is an extremely durable and functional bag that works well for those who put their bags through a lot of travel and use. If you frequently travel, this gear bag provides weather-resistance, protection against abrasions, and ample pocket space to organize all of your items.