We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Therm-a-Rest MondoKing 3D Sleeping Pad and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 410
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Stays fully inflated during a full night of sleep.
- Provides a comfortable and padded surface for a comfortable night’s sleep.
- The higher R-value rating keeps you insulated from the ground during cold weather.
- Warm and comfortable for all-night use.
- Can be easily adjusted to the ideal firmness for your needs.
- The pad has a wave-like structure to the surface which provides comfort and the ability to easily roll over.
- The soft polyester is comfortable and soft to lay on.
- The outer material remains breathable during warm-season use for comfort.
- Thick and warm for ample comfort during cold conditions.
- The comfortable foam core and high R-value makes this a good pad for 4-season camping.
- The fabric is soft to the touch, but still remains resistant to abrasions and remains durable.
- Works very well for car camping and 4-season use due to the warmth-to-weight ratio.
- The dual valves let you easily adjust the softness of the mat to your personal preference.
- The 50D face fabric is durable and abrasion-resistant to tough debris.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Takes a little bit of time to inflate, which limits the ease of use.
- Some reports of the seam splitting after minimal use, limiting the durability.
- The packed size is very big and limits the ease of transportation.
- Large packed size, making it more tedious and difficult to carry.
- Expensive compared to other options on the market.
- Not as easy to inflate as other similar pads.
- Not the best value for a top-rated mattress, since an REI option is cheaper and provides the same capabilities.
- The larger size makes this not the best choice for backpacking.
The Therm-a-Rest MondoKing 3D Sleeping Pad is a four-season, durable, and comfortable pad for all-night use. If you frequently go car camping and weekend camping, this could be a great choice for those who want an abrasion-resistant, highly-padded, and very warm pad for all-year use.