We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Klymit Double V Sleeping Pad and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 115
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Easy to inflate and pack down quickly.
- The construction of the valves is sturdy and durable.
- Your hips won’t touch the ground when you’re laying on your side, making this a great choice for side-sleepers.
- Very soft and has great weight distribution.
- Separate deflate valve make the inflating and deflating an easy process.
- Comfortable to use for two people.
- Design aids in keeping the people at the center and prevents sliding off.
- The bag has a valve that attaches to the pad with a snap, and makes it easy to get air in to the pad by simply rolling the bag.
- The pad can be used for three seasons in fair weather.
- Very comfortable and spacious.
- The construction is basically two balanced pads, preventing the transmission of movement between the two sides.
- Uses 75-denier polyester material to protect against abrasion and punctures.
- Keeps you raised comfortably above the ground to prevent cold transfer between the floor and your sleeping surface.
- Great price for the quality that you get.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Not the smallest when compressed, so wouldn’t be great for backpacking.
- Too heavy for extended backpacking.
- R-value, the measure used to calculate the temperature to which a sleeping bag can keep you warm, is too low for cold weather camping.
- Might take up the full space of your tent.
- On the heavier end of a two person sleeping bag, coming in at around 2.5 pounds.
- Wouldn’t be suitable for winter camping, and is more geared towards car-camping than inclement weather backpacking.
- The length might be a bit short for taller users.
The Klymit Double V Sleeping Pad is a comfortable, easy-to-use, and durable option that is well-suited for car camping for three-season use. Despite not being the best for cold weather and being too heavy for backpacking, this choice could be great for 1-2 people who favor a comfortable and sturdy pad for car camping excursions.