We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Wahoo Fitness KICKR CORE Smart Power Trainer and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 258
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Connects to your Bluetooth in just seconds for ample compatibility.
- Very quiet while using for a comfortable and not-annoying ride.
- The resistance changes are fast and easy when riding.
- Goes up to 17% max grade for ample functionality and performance capabilities.
- Balances both price and performance into one, high-quality trainer.
- The resistance is very real and road-like for functionality.
- Provides stability and sturdiness for an easy-to-use and functional option while resting on a flat surface.
- Offers 1,800 watts of resistance, which is higher than most competitors.
- Compatible with Wahoo’s own hard wear products, like the indoor grade simulator, for ample compatibility with technology.
- Accepts a wide range of wheel sizes, from 24 to 29″ mountain bike wheel for full compatibility.
- Very quiet and provides little noise, for a non-invasive ride if other people are in the area.
- Features a realistic ride and resistance capabilities that provide a road-like feel.
- Compatible with road, gravel, and mountain bike axles for full compatibility.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some reports of the chain from the Ultimate CF SLX from Canyon being too narrow to fit the housing of this axle, limiting the compatibility.
- There are some over-shooting issues in regards to data on sprints, which can affect your performance tracking.
- There is some extra force required to properly secure your bike.
- Not as compact as other options, limiting the transportability and storage options.
- Does not come with a cassette, which some users may not like.
- More expensive than the entry-level SNAP that Wahoo also offers.
- The legs are not adjustable, so you can’t change the height of the trainer stand.
- The internal flywheel can collect some debris and dust on the belt wheel interface, building up dirt over time and slowing down the wheel.
- Does not have a carrying handle for easy transportation.
The Wahoo Fitness KICKR CORE Smart Power Trainer is a compatible, functional, and road-like power trainer that can provide the cyclist with technological compatibility, ease-of-use, and ample gradient levels and road-like feels. If you want a middle-of-the-road option that is not entry-level, but will not break the bank, this could be a good option for you.