We’ve read the reviews across the web for the ARVA Evo4 Beacon and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 23
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Can turn on easily by clicking it onto the strap.
- Good value for the high-quality beacon you get.
- Works well and is reliable during use.
- Has been updated and improved since the older models for enhanced functionality.
- The Evo4 contains a clear list of transceivers on the left side of the display for ample functionality.
- Features better bracketing than the previous Evo 3+.
- Good price compared to other options on the market.
- Features a group check mode that you c an utilize to perform a trail-head check, an update from the previous model.
- Easy to turn on without switching on by accident, since you have to put the harness around yoru chest and attach the clip for the beacon to power on.
- The third antenna can resolve spikes and provide audible feedback.
- More user-friendly than other options on the market.
- The toggle is easy to switch on to activate search mode.
- The strap is detachable for compatibility.
- Features mark and unmark capabilities in case you need to find multiple people after an avalanche.
- Able to use Ski touring for an easy to use setting.
- Contains a Clip for Safe function, which provides an easy way to get the beacon to start working.
- Runs on 2 AAA batteries for ease of use.
- Very spontaneous and easy-to-use on the fly.
- Long battery life for outdoor confidence.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The feedback is less sensitive to changes in distance, limiting the capabilities.
- The harness is restrictive and prevents a full range of motion.
- Takes a little bit longer than other beacons to identify one signal.
- The directional arrows disappear at 3 meters, which can make this difficult for beginners to use.
- Needs to be plugged in to power on, which can limit its functionality outside.
- The range is not the best when compared to other options.
- Does not probe well through hard snow, limiting winter functionality.
- A little bit bulky and tedious to carry in your pocket.
- Does not go beyond 40 meters which limits the functionality.
The ARVA Evo4 Beacon is an easy-to-use, functional, and long-lasting beacon that can be used efficiently in a variety of conditions. While being able to turn the beacon on by simply clipping it to your harness strap, this beacon ensures it can’t be turned on by accident, but provides an easy way to turn it on. Despite not having the best range compared to other options, this beacon can be a good choice for those who want a reliable, simple, and long-battery-life option.