We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Arc’teryx Palisade Short – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 67
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- The pockets are zippered for secure holding of gear and electronics.
- Features an integrated belt for adjustability of size.
- The thigh pockets are sewn into the fabric which gives them more adjustability and room to expand to hold more items.
- The material dries out very quickly after getting wet for added functionality.
- The belt holds firm during use and doesn’t slip after confirming a size.
- The zippered pockets securely keep items inside.
- The belt is integrated for functionality and adjustability.
- Stylish look for wearing around town or on the trail.
- The crotch area is gusseted for an enhanced range of motion.
- The fabric is soft and doesn’t rub against your skin while wearing.
- Doesn’t use excess fabric where there doesn’t need to be, balancing function and mobility.
- Stylish and sleek enough to wear for casual use in the evening or around town.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The zipper on the fly is very short so it makes it difficult for men to use comfortably.
- Many users have said the new re-design of the short makes them unusable and very impractical.
- Not the most durable or abrasion-resistant against tough terrain.
- Expensive compared to other options on the market.
- The pockets are quite shallow, so you might not be able to hold bigger items comfortably or safely.
- On the more expensive end of the price spectrum.
- The material, despite not rubbing on normal days out, can chafe during long days in humid weather.
- Not as stretchy as other options on the market, citing a lack of comfort.
- The fly is small and very impractical, limiting the functionality of the shorts.
The Arc’teryx Palisade Short for men is a functional, adjustable, and mobile option that can be used on the trail or walking around town. With secure and zippered pockets, an integrated adjustable belt, and soft material, this short could be used for those who frequently like to keep small gear items with them during long walks or hikes. Despite having some issues with the zipper length, if you do not care about spending a little bit of extra time undoing the fly, this could be a good option for you.