We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Marmot Scree Softshell Pant – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 210
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Breathable and warm.
- Dries quickly after getting wet.
- DWR offers protection from light precipitation.
- Ankle zipper can unzip and stretch over a ski boot.
- No condensation inside after activity or moisture build-up.
- Plenty of zippered pockets for ample storage.
- Belt loops for adjustability.
- Stretch in the fabric allows for mobility and free range of motion.
- Wind-resistance keeps light breezes from entering and keeps the heat in.
- Comfortable to wear during activity down to freezing.
- Articulated knees help with mobility and full range of motion.
- Zippered cuffs at the ankles aid in a tapered fit.
- Effective at blocking wind from entering the pants.
- Comfortable and easy to move in due to the articulated knees and the light material.
- The most breathable in the Scree Pant collection.
- The fabric is soft against your skin and comfortable to wear.
- Easily can shed snow and ice during activity.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The side pocket stitching has reportedly come loose on occasion.
- Pants are very thin and may not be warm enough for some.
- No elastic for adjustability and sealing in heat.
- The pockets are a bit small and may not hold enough.
- May not fit some slimmer body-types.
- Features only one cargo pocket on the right thigh, which may not be enough storage.
- Items in the pocket get damp due to moisture build-up.
- Doesn’t have much waterproofing protection.
- Breathability can work against you in cold conditions, since air can creep in and lessen the warmth.
The Marmot Scree Softshell Pant for men is a lightweight, breathable, and mobile option for those who favor a full range of motion and ventilation over warmth and weatherproofing. This pant would best be suited for alpine athletes in warmer and drier conditions.