We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Arc’teryx Zeta SL Jacket – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 204
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Waterproof to protect against inclement weather.
- Very lightweight for providing ample protection and weatherproofing.
- Even though this jacket is durable, it still allows for a full range of motion during activities.
- Very lightweight for easy carrying or wearing all-day long.
- Weather-resistant to add protection during inclement weather.
- Balances comfort, portability, and durability into one jacket.
- The arm and shoulder articulation is ideal for many activities.
- The DWR is long lasting for extra protection against light precipitation.
- Remains lightweight while still keeping the durability and weather protection.
- The pockets work well with both harnesses and hip belts for added functionality.
- Provides ample mobility for use during various activities.
- Arc’teryx is able to cover all of their products for the lifetime of the product, giving confidence for the buyer.
- The materials and the construction are high-quality and well-built for a long-lasting product.
- Works as a go-anywhere, do-it-all, do-anything layer for various activities.
- Cheaper than the Alpha AR or Beta AR for affordability.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The zipper is not as heavy duty on this model as it is on the Beta.
- Can feel a bit tight and constricting while sitting down, limiting the comfort.
- Expensive compared to other options on the market.
- Does not contain any easy or fast way to clip a harness for added functionality.
- Lacks pit zips for extra ventilation in warm weather.
- The design is not the most breathable compared to other choices on the market.
The Arc’teryx Zeta SL Jacket for men is a durable, high-quality, and packable option that can work well for extended backcountry trips due to the lighter weight and portability, or for keeping out intense weather during tough hikes. This could be a good jacket for those outdoorsmen who want a do-it-all jacket and don’t mind spending a few extra bucks.