We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Black Diamond Zone Climbing Shoe and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 48
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Very comfortable for all-day use.
- Fits your foot comfortably and snug without being too tight.
- Stylish and sleek compared to other options on the market today.
- The Velcro straps provide adjustments and are durable for a long-lasting mechanism.
- Provides ample performance on both toe and heel hooking.
- Medium stiffness and flexibility for a versatile and comfortable option.
- The stiff toebox works well for edging and small holds.
- The material and construction do a good job of holding down the shape after many months of use.
- The knit uppers provided enough breathability for warm and sweaty gym sessions.
- The shoes use beefy material and construction to last for multiple resoles.
- The fabric on the top of the foot provides enough cushioning so you can fully tighten it without being uncomfortable on your skin.
- Features a minimalist midsole so you can have a sensitive grip on steep and tough terrain.
- The upper aids in the edging performance since the material does not slide as much as other choices.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some reports of the rubber not lasting very long over multiple months of use.
- The material and stitching near the top of the toe box is not comfortable and can rub on your foot.
- Many complaints about the rubber not being durable and not performing well enough for toe hooking.
- Some reports of the sizing and the fit not working well for some foot shapes.
- There are size discrepancies, so you may have to try on in person before buying.
- Not very comfortable for long climbing sessions in the gym.
- The heel cup might be baggy and too loose for some users’ foot shapes.
The Black Diamond Zone Climbing Shoe is a breathable, comfortable, and adjustable shoe that works well for bouldering and sport routes during all-day use. Even though there have been some reports of a lack of durability and correct sizing when purchasing, this shoe could work well for climbers who try on before buying and know they want a stylish option that contains medium stiffness and flexibility for a variety of routes.