We’ve read the reviews across the web for the G3 Ion 10 Binding and summarize the results below:
PeakScore: N/A (out of 100)
User Rating: 4.6 stars
Expert Rating: N/A stars
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 14
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- The design and technology is intuitive and easy to use.
- Simple and lighter than the previous model for ease of use and all-day performance.
- Easy to get in and out of for added efficiency.
- Feels secure and snug while holding your foot in place.
- Able to travel easily without getting damaged.
- Stepping into the binding is easy while using the guides on the toe piece for efficiency.
- Easy to switch between tour and ski mode for functionality.
- The rotation lock keeps your foot secure and is easy to use.
- The brakes lock in pace when you step on them for added efficiency.
- Features a wider mounting pattern which makes it easier to fit with the wider width’s of modern skis.
- Features a stronger hidden spring compared to previous models, which prevents the mode from changing unintentionally.
- The boot toe locator is made from softer material instead of the old rigid plastic, making it easier to use and more efficient.
- Contain an anti-rotation feature that is built into the heel to prevent the IONs from disengaging.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some reports of not being the most durable and breaking over a short period of time.
- When dealing with the anti-rotation feature, make sure you remember to pull up on the heel before rotating it to downhill skiing, or else it will take more time and be more tedious to change.
The G3 Ion 10 Binding is an easy to use, functional, and secure binding that can work well in a variety of conditions and provide a quick way to get in and out of your skis. With an innovative technology that is easy for both beginners and advanced skiers to use, this could be a good choice for any level of backcountry skier who wants an efficient, safety-minded, and reliable binding.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web. Some expert reviews include these: 1, 2.