We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Garmin VivoActive 3 and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 10634
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Provides the ability to customize the activity screen to show the data that you want to see.
- The battery life is very long lasting for all-day use.
- Able to set alerts for distances and other data parameters to customize your training plans.
- The GPS is very accurate and provides a clear measurement of where you are and where you went on your run or ride.
- When using this for biking, you can sync this watch to the third party cadence tracker for performance monitoring.
- Able to track, time, and evaluate your performance while swimming laps for compatibility.
- The watch tracks sleep well and monitors your heart rate for performance and recovery.
- The design is aesthetic and stylish, with the subtle and circular design that is timeless and works with casual and sporty clothes.
- Water-resistant for extra protection against the elements.
- Compatible with a wide range of activities, even playing golf.
- The GPS and heart rate monitor is accurate and works well in a variety of exercises and activities.
- Provides plenty of features and technology for runners.
- Features 24/7 heart rate and stress monitoring for performance tracking.
- Tracks a wide range of activities and exercises for versatility.
- Great choice for an all-around device that is not the best at any one activity.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The screen can change on its own when you run in the rain due to the water hitting the screen.
- The back light can turn on when you move in your sleep, which can wake you up in the middle of the night.
- The cadence can lose connection for periods of time when riding in windy or inclement weather.
- Heart rate is not available in swim mode, which can limit how much you can track during this activity.
- You can’t make the decision as to which app will get alerts from your watch, which can limit the compatibility.
- Since the watch is so expensive, you might be hoping for other technological capabilities, like music on the watch.
- If you use an iPhone, you cannot respond to texts while using the watch.
- Does not show onscreen workouts.
- Does not support offline music for running or biking in places without wireless connection.
- The basic model can’t support music playback, which limits the functionality and compatibility.
- The watch might feel a bit heavier and bulkier compared to other options on the market.
- No music included on the unit, which can limit the entertainment compatibility.
- It can be easy to miss notifications so you can lose some functionality.
- Expensive compared to other options on the market.
The Garmin VivoActive 3 is a functional, compatible, and easy to use watch that works well with a variety of activities, ranging from running to biking to swimming. Despite not being the best at any one exercise, this watch can provide stylish design and compatibility with apps, phones, and various activities.