We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Kuat Beta 2.0 Bike Rack and summarize the results below:
PeakScore: 93 (out of 100)
User Rating: 4.8 stars
Expert Rating: 4.3 stars
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 194
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Lightweight for ease of use while driving and mounting on the back of your car.
- Does not rattle while driving, preventing any unnecessary sound.
- Very stable while driving over a variety of terrain.
- High-quality construction and materials for a long-lasting and durable product.
- Easy to get on and off for additional functionality and efficiency.
- Loading and securing the bikes is easy and quick.
- Great option for those on a budget.
- Features high-quality construction and materials for a secure hold of bikes.
- One of the lightest hitch racks on the market, increasing the ease of use.
- Weighs only 18 pounds, which is extremely lightweight when compared to the competition and makes it easy to load on and off.
- When not in use, the Beta folds almost completely flat when it is not in the car, making it easy to store anywhere.
- The arms fold when not in use, making for easy storage.
- Combines a good mix of weight, durability, and added features.
- Available for both 1 1/4 and 2-inch hitch receivers for extra versatility.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some reports of the metal knobs coming in contact with the bike frame and scratching it.
- Some reports of the attachment vibrating while in use, which can reducer the user confidence.
- Does not come with a lock kit for the Beta 2, which can decrease the security.
- Isn’t as easy to load as the competition, like the Sherpa 2.0.
- Only offered in a two-bike capacity, which can reduce the number of bikes you can carry.
The Kuat Beta 2.0 Bike Rack is a durable, high-quality, and easy-to-use option that works well for those who want a long-lasting and functional product for 1-2 bikes. Even though it does not have a higher capacity option, this bike rack combines a great mixture of weight, durability, and features that is a good option for serious cyclists.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web. Some expert reviews include these: 1, 2, 3.