We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Kuat Transfer 2 Bike Rack and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 482
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- The rack is strong and well-made.
- Holds two bikes without any swaying or movement.
- The setup is easy and simple to mount your bike.
- Features a foot pedal to adjust the rack so you can access the rear hatch.
- Great price for the quality you receive.
- Heavy duty and durable to withstand rough use.
- Easy to use and less expensive than other tray rack options.
- Stability was good while using on the road.
- The hitch lock works well and is secure.
- Ratchet strap secures the rear wheel and a ratcheting arm secures the front wheel, ensuring no movement.
- Simple and relatively lightweight.
- Easy to assemble with standard wrenches.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Kind of heavy to lift for some people.
- The instructions don’t say how tight to make the connections.
- Not as high quality as more expensive options.
- The cables for the bike are pretty short, which might not work on some bikes.
- Doesn’t come with a standard lock.
- Doesn’t feature the ability to adjust the bikes side to side for any clearance issues.
The Kuat Transfer 2 Bike Rack is a durable, high-quality, and lower-priced option that is well-suited for those that want a sturdy rack without breaking the bank. Despite lacking some features that higher-end options have, the easy-to-use mechanism, adaptability to various tire sizes, and lighter-weight make this a great option.