We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Merrell MQM Flex GTX Shoe – Women’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 232
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Keeps your feet dry in wet and cold conditions.
- The toe box is open and wide for ample comfort during all-day use.
- Stylish and sleek for use both on and off the trail.
- The burly toe box can protect your toes from running into tough terrain and debris on the trail.
- Provides a snug and secure fit for those who have a narrow foot shape.
- Lightweight when compared to other waterproof options.
- Breathable for use in a variety of weather conditions.
- Durable for withstanding tough terrain and long-term use.
- Require very minimal break-in time for plenty of comfort right off the bat.
- Works well as a hybrid between a running shoe and a burlier hiking shoe.
- Lightweight for ease of use and walking efficiency.
- The midsole provides shock absorption for use while running on tough trails.
- The mesh and the construction help prevent moisture from building up inside of the shoes.
- The mesh upper of the shoe keeps your feet ventilated in warm weather.
- Provides the right amount of agility for navigating tough terrain.
- The underfoot is flexible for agility while walking.
- The heel cup is sturdy to prevent your ankle from rolling.
- Provides a good value and is affordable for the quality you get.
- The dual-directional grooves in the midsole help you easily feel the ground beneath your feet.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Not as warm as other Gore-Tex shoes on the market.
- The footbed is not very comfortable and might not provide enough support for some foot shapes.
- Does not have the best or grippiest traction for a variety of terrain.
- The outsoles are not very sticky and the lugs are not as deep as other options.
- The shoes are a good all-around option, but do not specialize in any one category.
- Does not feature a wide footprint for stability on uneven terrain.
- Not the most comfortable option for all-day use, despite being lightweight.
- Not completely waterproof for keeping your feet dry in all conditions.
- The padding around the underfoot is too thin to provide ample comfort.
The Merrell MQM Flex GTX Shoe for women is a breathable, protective, and sturdy option that works well for a variety of conditions and trails. Even though these shoes are not specialists in any one category, they can provide functional all-around use for different weather climates and trail conditions.