We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Marmot Minimalist Jacket – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 453
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- The hood has a secure fit and keeps rain and wind out of your face.
- Keeps you dry and warm during cold weather.
- The Velcro on the waist pockets add in the efficiency for quick access.
- All pockets have zippers for added security and weather protection.
- The simple design is stylish for on and off the trail.
- Durable for multi-season use.
- Uses high-quality materials and construction for a long-lasting product.
- The hood can easily tighten and uses a bill to keep rain out of your face during adventures.
- Uses DWR coating for added protection against light precipitation.
- Works well for everyday use in the backcountry or around town.
- The jacket is versatile for multi-condition use.
- The articulated elbows increases mobility and range of motion.
- Compresses down into a small packed size for easy transportability.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some reports of the jacket not being completely waterproof during prolonged precipitation.
- Not very breathable for use during intense exercise.
- The fabric might not be the most durable when compared to other similar jackets.
- The shell is fairly heavy when compared to other ‘lightweight’ jackets on the market.
- Does not contain any internal pockets for added secure storage.
- Does not contain additional Velcro tabs to secure the storm flap over the zipper to prevent the zipper from being exposed to the elements.
The Marmot Minimalist Jacket for men is a high-quality, versatile, and packable option that works well for everyday use around the town, on the trails, or in the backcountry. Shoppers should try this jacket for themselves, as there have been conflicting reviews of the weatherproofing abilities in prolonged precipitation, with some users citing the jacket wets through, and others claiming this jacket can keep you dry during all-day use.