We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Osprey Packs Talon 44L Backpack and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 144
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Easy to take on and off for added efficiency.
- Comfortable for all-day use.
- Comfortable when fully loaded or half loaded for one day of use.
- Stable and supportive while carrying heavier loads.
- Versatile for use in a variety of conditions and trip lengths.
- Balances functionality and useful features into one pack.
- The backpack is a good size for either 2-day trips or technical day hikes.
- Enough pockets and attachments for gear you need to easily access.
- Contains water bottle pockets on the sides for easy access.
- Contains a large top lid pocket for easy storage of gear.
- Features a ventilated back panel for temperature regulation during warm weather.
- Contains plenty of external pockets for small gear.
- The back panel does not absorb moisture, which keeps your back dry in humid weather.
- Works as a good balance between frameless backpacks and heavier internal frame packs for those who want a versatile and all-around choice.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Only has one small pocket on one shoulder strap, instead of one per strap.
- The straps on the pack can be a bit thin, and cause the straps to dig into your skin when you add heavy loads.
- If you fully pack the bag to 40 pounds, it can be uncomfortable to carry for long distances.
- Does not contain any dividers inside for extra organization.
- The functionality of the buckles might not be as easy to use as a more straightforward and efficient design.
- The hydration bladder can reduce the interior capacity of the pack.
- This backpack is technically too big to use as a carry-on during flights, meaning some airlines may make you check this through.
- The mesh hip pockets are easy to tear, citing a lack of functionality.
The Osprey Packs Talon 44L Backpack is a functional, efficient, and comfortable pack that works well for long day treks. Despite having a lack of organization, this backpack can work well for those who want a versatile backpack for big day hikes.