We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Salomon Quest Prime GTX Hiking Boot – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 348
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- The fit and finish are high-quality for a long-lasting product.
- Very comfortable due to the minimal break-in time.
- Supportive to provide enough comfort and sturdiness for those with weaker ankles and joints.
- Flexible fit allows for ample agility on uneven terrain.
- Lightweight but remains durable for long-term use.
- Versatile for use on a variety of outdoor terrain.
- Waterproof and weatherproof to keep your feet dry in wet weather.
- Works well as a middle-of-the-road option in terms of pricing and performance.
- Comfortable for all-day use.
- Durable to last multiple hiking seasons.
- Supportive to keep your feet and joints comfortable during long-distance treks.
- The lacing system lets you easily tighten and cinch down the fit.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Heavy when compared to other options on the market.
- Despite being waterproof, they can let some water in after prolonged standing in puddles or streams.
- Not as agile as other similar hiking boots.
- Might not be stiff or technical enough for extreme alpine terrain.
- You might have to try-on before purchasing so you can get the correct fit.
The Salomon Quest Prime GTX Hiking Boot for men is a comfortable, durable, and supportive boot that works well for all-day hiking on a variety of terrain, usable by expert hikers and novices alike. Despite being a little bit heavier than the average boot, the Quest Prime provides a good balance of support, comfort, and weatherproofing into one boot.