We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Thule Xsporter Pro Aluminum Truck Rack with Load Stops and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 187
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- The rack is durable and heavy-duty to withstand tough use.
- The rack is easy to install and uninstall for added efficiency.
- The crossbars are easy to move and the notches provide easy adjustments.
- The rack is able to adjust as low as possible to easily load heavy gear.
- The adjustment knobs are easy to handle, allowing quick tightening and loosening.
- Works effectively for carrying a variety of sporting gear.
- The rack doesn’t whistle or make noise during use, making for a comfortable ride.
- The installation is straight forward and easy to follow with the clear directions.
- The racks can be easily moved along the rails for quick adjustments.
- Provides plenty of versatility and efficiency to carry various outdoor gear.
- The rack is lightweight for the strength it provides, being able to hold up to 450 pounds.
- The rack comes with four secure locks to make sure the rack and the gear stays in place while driving.
- The crossbars are aerodynamic to reduce any drag and promote fuel efficiency.
- The numbered slots makes it quick and easy to adjust the height on-the-go.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The exposed brackets on the rack can corrode after substantial exposure.
- The paint can bubble and peel off after prolonged use.
- At the high end of the price spectrum when compared to other similar choices.
- The plastic end caps on either side of the supports can break off after use.
- The plastic clips have no mechanical fastener to keep them in place while using, leading to a potential lack of durability.
- The installation can be a bit tedious for one person to do alone.
The Thule Xsporter Pro Aluminum Truck Rack with Load Stops is a versatile, easy-to-assemble, and functional rack that can carry a variety of gear. Even though this rack is expensive and there are some durability questions, it provides the necessary adjustments and construction to carry heavy, bulky, and oddly-shaped outdoor gear securely.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web. Some expert reviews include these: 1.