We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Vasque Monolith UltraDry Hiking Boot – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 257
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Comfortable and lightweight for all-day use.
- Keeps your feet warm in cold and wet conditions.
- The flexible sole provides plenty of agility on various terrain.
- Waterproof to keep your feet dry in light precipitation.
- Easy and fast to break-in for immediate comfort.
- Lightweight for wearing on long hiking trips or for carrying in your pack.
- The underfoot is supportive enough for most foot types and arch shapes.
- Inexpensive when compared to more heavy-duty and high-tech hiking boots.
- The mesh adds breathability and ventilation to provide a cooler shoe on warm days.
- Provides comfort for all-day use on or off the trails.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- These boots might be too narrow for some foot types.
- The soles might not be the most durable for consistent use.
- The webbing might not be the most durable and can rip or catch on outside debris.
- Might not provide enough weatherproofing for complete submersion and prolonged precipitation.
- The ankle collar is not high enough to protect your ankle from tough terrain and rocks.
- Does not provide the best traction on a variety of surfaces for sure-footing.
- The mesh paneling can wear down easily and get caught on twigs and rocks.
The Vasque Monolith UltraDry Hiking Boot for men is a comfortable, lightweight, and breathable option that might work better for light trails and shorter walks than tough and rugged adventures. Due to the lack of durability and waterproofing, this boot might not be the best choice for those who frequently hike on rough terrain.