We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Salewa Rapace GTX Boot – Men’s and summarize the results below:
PeakScore: N/A (out of 100)
User Rating: 4.6 stars
Expert Rating: N/A stars
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 443
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Well-built and durable for many seasons.
- Features high-quality materials and construction for a long-lasting product.
- Comfortable for all-day use during a variety of activities, like hiking or working.
- The lacing is precise for a snug fit that doesn’t loosen during wear.
- Features a full leather upper for increased durability and protection.
- The toe-box conforms to your foot shape without being too tight.
- Features a Gore-Tex lining for added weather protection.
- The forefoot has a good sole for scrambling or gripping wet surfaces.
- Contains a full rubber rand for added protection and durability in tough terrain.
- The sole is compatible with a heel clip crampon for increased functionality.
- The support system helps keep your heel in place to prevent any slipping during use.
- The boot is very lightweight for how heavy-duty and stable it is.
- The nylon plates in the midsole add to the stiffness of the boot for rigidity in unstable terrain.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some reports of the toe box being too narrow for certain foot shapes, so you may need to try on before purchasing.
- The insole may not be padded or supportive enough for those who need more arch cushioning.
- The tread is not deep enough to provide a stable surface in soft snow or deep mud.
- Some users wish there were locking eyelets to keep the heels securely in place during use.
The Salewa Rapace GTX Boot for men is a durable, heavy-duty, and stable option that keeps your foot protected and secure while walking on uneven terrain. With all-day comfort and versatility to use during multiple activities, this boot is good for those who want a long-lasting, do-it-all option.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web. Some expert reviews include these: 1, 2.