We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Western Mountaineering Flash Down Jacket – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 13
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Very lightweight for all-day comfort and easy packing.
- Stylish to wear on the mountains and around the town.
- The hood keeps you warm and prevents drafts from coming through.
- Durable to protect against tough terrain.
- Features high-quality down for ample warmth and comfort.
- Features a DWR finish to protect against light precipitation.
- Provides a great warmth-to-weight ratio when compared to the competition.
- The pockets are down-filled to keep your hands warm in cold temperatures.
- Provides good water-resistance for protection against light precipitation.
- The sleeves are plenty long to cover your wrists during outdoor activities.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The elastic on the hood and the cuffs might not be tight enough to completely seal in warmth.
- The jacket has a tendency to leak feathers which can be bothersome and annoying to owners.
- The hood and waist can’t be tightened to provide a snug and secure fit.
- Expensive compared to other options on the market.
- There is no way to stuff the jacket and compress it into a small pack.
- Contains very few features to make it a high-tech option.
The Western Mountaineering Flash Down Jacket for men is a warm, durable, and lightweight option that provides a great warmth-to-weight ratio for layering or as an emergency layer in your pack. Despite being expensive compared to other options, if you are looking for a functional and lightweight option, this could be a good choice.