We’ve read the reviews across the web for the The North Face Apex Flex GTX Hooded Jacket – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 494
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Sturdy and durable zippers.
- True-to-size in torso and length.
- Multiple reports of the overall fit being true-to-size.
- Functional and comfortable.
- Features a chest pocket for easy storage.
- Pit zips for enhanced breathability.
- Adjustable cuffs.
- Windproof and waterproof.
- The three-layer Gore-Tex combined with a DWR-coating enhances protection.
- Windproof, due to thick 28 ounces of material being a good barrier.
- Thick lining, exterior soft-shell fabric, and windproof nature all add to warmth.
- Stylish due to stretchy fabric and simple design.
- Adjustable hood to secure fit and maintain warmth.
- Soft-knit face fabric adds warmth and comfort.
- Features a matte polyurethane waterproof front zip.
- Provides adequate mobility.
- Available in a variety of colors.
- Features a drop-tail hem for more coverage in the back.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- May have to order a size up to be able to layer underneath.
- Not very breathable due to thick material.
- Sleeve length runs a bit long.
- The fit and material is slightly rigid.
- Not a very warm jacket.
- The knit lining can impede breathability.
- Not an ideal choice for backcountry use due to the weight and lack of compressibility.
- Heavier than the competition.
- Does not fold up very small for easy packing.
The North Face Apex Flex GTX Hooded Jacket for men is a technical and durable jacket that is best suited for intense alpine activities requiring mobility. The weatherproofing makes this jacket ideal for adventurers who will be spending time in rough conditions, but the heavier material reduces breathability and adds to the its weight.