We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Yakima Hold-Up 1.25in and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 700
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Very durable for use over many seasons.
- Quick and efficient to use for added functionality and ease-of-use.
- Keeps bikes secure and steady during use on rough terrain.
- Looks stylish and sleek on various types of cars and trucks.
- Individual trays can be easily adjusted to prevent any contact between handlebars and the seats.
- Features adjustable tire cradles for complete personalization.
- Contains a 60-pound weight limit per bike, so you can load 120 pounds on this rack without worrying about it breaking.
- The locking clamp keeps your bike secure and sturdy against tough terrain and theft.
- Doesn’t move or bounce around during use, making sure the driver has a comfortable and quiet ride.
- The tubing is lightweight but still feels secure and heavy-duty to last a long time.
- The bike rack securely holds your bikes without harming or scratching the frame.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Might not be compatible with bike wheels that are larger than 27.5 inches, showing a lack of functionality.
- Difficult to open the rear swing door very far without hitting the rear wheel, which can make it difficult to access the back of your vehicle quickly and easily.
- Need a wrench to screw the hitch pin in or out, which can make the entire process more time-consuming.
- The lock might not be big or long enough for use with a mountain bike, showing a lack of security.
- Very heavy, so can be difficult and dangerous for one person to move.
- Only a two-bike rack, so it might not have enough capacity for some people or families.
The Yakima Hold-Up 1.25in is an adjustable, functional, and easy-to-use option that works well for carrying two bikes and keeping them secure and protected. Despite being a bit heavy to load yourself and lacking sufficient access to the back of your vehicle, this rack can easily carry two bikes, looks stylish on your car or van, and features adjustable sections to provide ample compatibility for various types of bikes.