We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Shimano Ultegra PD-R8000 Pedals and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 228
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Very durable.
- Easy to clip in and out.
- Secure feel when riding.
- Good power transfer.
- Lightweight design.
- The wide platform gives a secure and supportive feel.
- Increased pedaling efficiency.
- Easily adjustable.
- Dependable and low-mantainence.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some adjustment is needed for those who have not used clipless pedals before.
- The hex wrench needed to adjust the pedals is not included in the setup.
- Your knees may want a little more float in the pedal after some hard riding.
- The highest retention setting is very difficult to get out of.
- Takes about a month for the pedal to break in for easiest use.
Shimano Ultegra PD-R8000 Pedals are lightweight, reliable, and so low-mantainece that they are easy to live with and easy to forget about. With a secure feel and good power transfer, it is simple to ride in these pedals, and quick to adjust when needed. Although some might find clipless pedals tricky at first, they do offer increased ease of use, and their durability will allow you to use them for years to come.