We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Yakima Hold-Up Plus2 Add-On and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 99
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Provides a secure and snug fit without any movement or wobbling.
- Folds up and stores easily when not in use for added functionality.
- Comes with all necessary tools, like the keys and the locks to keep your bikes secure.
- Easy and quick to install or added compatibility and ease-of-use.
- Works well in keeping heavy and bulky bikes secure and non-moving while driving.
- Low to the ground so you don’t have to lift the bikes very high to place on your car, meaning it can be a 1-person job.
- Provides the ability to load four bikes in total onto your car for added functionality.
- Features a red flag and two reflectors for additional safety during night-time driving.
- The LED lights come with three light settings for extra safety.
- The trays move side-to-side for ample adjustability and personalization, ensuring your bikes fit without rubbing against each other.
- The extension piece is versatile for both large and small bikes.
- Easily mounts to your rack with just one bolt for fast and simple installation.
- Comes with a “tilt feature,” so you can pack it and put it away while it is on your car for additional functionality.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The pin is very time-consuming to get out of the apparatus, reducing the efficiency of the add-on.
- Very heavy, so you might not be able to load this yourself if you are a smaller person.
The Yakima Hold-Up Plus2 Add-On is a functional, adjustable, and easy-to-use option that can enhance your bike-carrying capabilities from 2 bikes to 4. Despite being a bit heavy for some users to handle on their own, this add-on provides the necessary functionality and capacity to safely and securely carry four bikes over rocky terrain and at high speeds.