We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Five Ten Freerider Pro Cycling Shoe – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 213
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Stiff midsoles to help with pedaling efficiency.
- Good durability.
- Sticky rubber holds well to the pedals.
- Extra toe protection.
- Comfortable to wear.
- Easy to clean.
- The company has addressed delamitation problems and made this shoe extra durable.
- Very stylish on and off the bike.
- Unfailingly sticky soles.
- Has a much-appreciate stretchy lace keeper.
- Repels moisture well.
- Good power transfer from the legs to the wheels.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Sizing has changed since earlier models and now runs small and a bit narrower.
- Does not breathe well.
- Narrow in the toe box.
- Does not allow enough movement for riders who prefer to adjust foot positions more while riding.
- The material does not soften much over time, which can create an uncomfortable crease in the shoe.
- Does not breathe well and can get very hot.
- Much more expensive than other shoes.
- Not good for hiking at all.
The Five Ten Freerider Pro Cycling Shoe for men is a firm, sticky, and durable flat-pedal shoe made for maximizing whatever ride you may be on. Five-Ten has taken serious care in coming up with a shoe that does not fail on sticking to the pedals, protects feet, and maximizes the efficiency between your leg and the wheel, although it may not be breathable enough for riders in hot climates, or comfortable enough for longer hike-a-bikes. To get the most out of this shoe, try it on first to make sure that the narrower toe-box can fit your foot comfortably.