We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Danner Crater Rim GTX Backpacking Boot – Men’s and summarize the results below:
PeakScore: 83 (out of 100)
User Rating: 4 stars
Expert Rating: 4.4 stars
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 310
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Low profile fit for style and efficiency.
- Keep water and mud out to keep your feet dry in rough terrain.
- Provides enough warmth and comfort to wear all-year-round, showing the versatility and toughness of this boot.
- Versatile to use during a variety of activities, like farming, hiking, and hunting.
- Comfortable for all-day use.
- Provides ample grip on a variety of terrain.
- Waterproof to keep your feet dry in prolonged precipitation.
- Holds up against tough terrains, like sharp rocks and uneven scree.
- Provides a snug and secure fit on your foot to prevent any sliding or slipping.
- Requires only minimal break-in time for almost immediate comfort.
- The leather construction is stylish for use on and off the trail.
- Works well as a backpacking boot due to heavy-duty construction.
- Provides plenty of stability and protection for use in ragged terrain.
- The Vibram soles fully grip wet terrain and surfaces.
- The lace-up system is quick, easy-to-use, and provides a snug and secure fit for your foot.
- The full-wrap cut provides protection against sharp terrain and rocks.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some reports of the seams coming apart after minimal use, citing some durability concerns.
- Does not contain reinforced seams, so the seams can let in water and debris after prolonged use.
- Does not contain ample ankle support, so might not be the best choice for carrying a heavy pack long distances.
- Might not provide enough arch support for some foot types.
- Not lightweight, so might be too heavy for fast-packers and agile trail hikers.
- Lacks breathability and ventilation, so may not be the best choice for warm-weather use.
The Danner Crater Rim GTX Backpacking Boot for men is a heavy-duty, weatherproof, and high-grip option that works well for carrying heavy loads and providing ample support. Despite some issues with the boot’s durability and high weight, if you are looking for a beefy boot that can protect against tough terrain, withstand heavy packs, and keep out prolonged precipitation, this could be a good option.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web. Some expert reviews include these: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7.