We’ve read the reviews across the web for the The North Face Ultra 109 GTX Trail Running Shoe – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 982
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Comfortable and lightweight for all-day hiking.
- Has a rigid sole but remains comfortable and light.
- Great grip on a variety of surfaces for efficiency.
- Keep your feet dry from precipitation and wet ground.
- The upper is comfortable and the laces extend into the toebox for customization of fit.
- Provides great water protection in a variety of conditions.
- Great stability when walking in uneven terrain for security and sure-footedness.
- Uses quality construction and materials for a high-quality product.
- Provides ample protection against abrasions and debris.
- Gore-Tex works well and efficiently blocks precipitation and water from entering the shoe.
- The rubber outsole provides great traction on almost all surfaces for added versatility.
- Easier to clean than many other shoes, which enhances the lifespan.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some reports of the fabric tearing near the toe area after a few uses.
- Some reports of the shoes not being long-lasting and wearing-out quickly.
- The sole came apart after minimal use and the entire forefoot was damaged.
- Reports of the mesh coming off behind the toe box area, showing a lack of durability.
- Lacks flexibility and breathability for added comfort.
- Not the lightest shoe on the market for long days on the mountain.
- Some reports of the upper webbing wearing through after minimal use.
The North Face Ultra 109 GTX Trail Running Shoe for men is a waterproof, stable, and comfortable option that is well-suited for those who need complete protection against weather and debris. Despite some reports of not being very durable and being heavy for long days on the mountain, this shoe provides traction, high-quality materials, and a rigid sole for use on uneven and various terrain.