We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Five Ten Freerider EPS High Shoe – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 35
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Provides plenty of traction on a wide variety of terrain.
- Features plenty of ankle support for a sturdy and secure fit.
- Contains insulation to keep your feet warm in cold conditions.
- Short break-in time for almost immediate comfort.
- Thin materials to remain lightweight for all-day comfort.
- Treated with DWR for protection against light precipitation.
- The stitched sole unit ensures that the sole will not break off while walking in tough and unstable terrain.
- Does not feature any exposed seams for additional waterproofing.
- The tongue is fleece-lined for softness against your foot.
- Contains a heat-reflective footboard to keep your feet warm in the winter.
- Contains PrimaLoft insulation for warmth in cold temperatures.
- The upper is comfortable and molds to your foot for a secure and snug fit.
- Provides plenty of grip on slippery and wet terrain.
- Although the underside of the shoe is thin for cold weather, it provides ample sensitivity for the pedals.
- The ankle area still has mobility, despite being supportive and sturdy.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The soles can wear out fast, citing a lack of durability in tough conditions.
- The bottoms of your feet can get cold if you are consistently walking around on snow due to the thin materials.
- Water and mud can still get into the shoe during long rides and in tough conditions.
The Five Ten Freerider EPS High Shoe for men is a supportive, high-grip, and warm shoe that can keep your feet comfortable and toasty in cold, winter conditions. Despite being thin underfoot, this allows you to fully feel the pedals and remain in control while pedaling, even if it means your feet can let in more chilly weather if you are walking on snow. If you want a shoe that is sturdy, comfortable, and insulated, this could be a good option.