We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Five Ten Quantum Climbing Shoe and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 36
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Holds edges well for ample sturdiness.
- Versatile enough to wear during indoor and outdoor climbing.
- The lacing system ensures this shoe can fit securely and snugly.
- The heel fit is snug and secure for ample heel-hooking power.
- The rubber is very sticky to provide plenty of grip on tough terrain.
- The rubber is thick and high-quality for durability over many climbs.
- Comfortable for all-day climbing routes.
- Sensitive so you can feel the rocks during slab climbing.
- Provides ample performance benefits in small cracks and holds.
- Versatile enough for performance benefits on bouldering, sport climbing, and trad routes.
- The closure system is quick and easy to use for added efficiency.
- The laces provide plenty of size and fit adjustability for a snug and secure hold.
- The construction and materials work especially well for steep edging.
- The wide forefoot of the shoe provides comfort during tough jams.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The seam can cut into the toes for reduced comfort during all-day climbing.
- The pull tabs on the back can be tedious to get your fingers in and out of to quickly get off your shoe.
- Doesn’t edge well when compared to some of the competition.
- Some owners may want a stiffer shoe for more performance-oriented climbs.
- Those with small and narrow feet may find this shoe to be too wide.
- Expensive when compared to other options on the market.
- Some users have issues with the sizing, so you may have to try-on before purchasing.
- Might take some time to break-in before becoming comfortable for all-day use.
- Some reports of the stitched seam rubbing against toes during use.
- Not stiff enough for super-thin edging, which some elite climbers may not like.
The Five Ten Quantum Climbing Shoe is a versatile, comfortable, and well-rounded shoe that provides performance benefits in a wide range of climbing situations. Despite some issues with finding the correct size and lacking stiffness for some climbing routes, this shoe is durable, grippy, and snug to provide secure holds.