We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Hyperlite Mountain Gear Summit 30L Backpack and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 100
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Versatile for use as a casual backpack and outdoor adventures.
- Features one big main compartment for easy gear storage and quick packing abilities.
- Features high-quality materials and construction for long-lasting use.
- Contains bungee cords and compression straps on the outside to clip climbing accessories and small internal gear.
- The bag easily opens and closes for added efficiency.
- Comfortable and lightweight for all-day efficiency.
- Very lightweight at just 14.2 ounces for efficiency and functionality.
- Rolls down small enough to pack inside of a larger hiking backpack for longer trips.
- The outer material is very abrasion-resistant and can withstand sharp rocks and terrain.
- The outer material is abrasion and puncture-resistant for additional durability.
- Features an elastic cord and daisy chain webbing for quick storage of external gear items.
- The roll-top closure lets you easily adjust the size of the bag for added functionality.
- Compatible for carrying a 15″ laptop when using for work or school.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- This bag may not realistically or comfortably fit 30L of the internal gear.
- The strap attachment at the bottom of a backpack may create a cinching of the material that can be uncomfortable.
- The bag outer material is crinkly and noisy and can be annoying when carrying long distances.
- The waist belt does not transfer any of the weight to your waist, meaning carrying heavy loads for long distances can become uncomfortable.
- Does not contain any back ventilation for additional breathability features.
- The shoulder straps are not very padded, so they may not be comfortable enough for carrying the weight limit.
The Hyperlite Mountain Gear Summit 30L Backpack is a lightweight, adjustable, and compact option that works well for carrying light loads and excess climbing gear. Despite lacking some ventilation and comfort on the shoulder straps, this pack is designed for both casual use and outdoor activities.