We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Jetboil HalfGen Base Camp Stove and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 70
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- The fry pan is non-stick for easy and simple cooking.
- Durable for long-lasting use over many camping seasons.
- Easy to clean for multiple uses during a camping trip.
- Requires no assembly for a very fast and easy set-up.
- Able to attach several units together for additional compatibility during large camping trips.
- The entire unit easily fits into the nylon case for efficient transportation.
- The burner knob has four full rotations for complete control of the heat while simmering.
- Compatible to add on another burner to boil water, increasing the efficiency and functionality.
- The stove is very quiet so you won’t disturb your camping neighbors.
- Comes with its own carrying case for easy transportation.
- Lightweight for easy carrying to your campsite or during short backpacking trips.
- Able to connect additional burners with just one fuel source for ample compatibility.
- The pot supports and burners can quickly be detached for easy cleaning and maintenance.
- You do not need pot support to use this system, since the frying pan has a burner top that keeps it in place during use, adding to this product’s efficiency and effectiveness.
- The auto-ignition levers are easy to use for quick turning on and off.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- At the high end of the price spectrum, which some users may not find worth it for the quality that you get.
- No videos or directions for how to connect and use the windscreen.
- The box does not provide ample instructions to make set-up or use clear and simple.
- Some reports of the knob being prone to bending and breaking, rendering the stove useless.
- Too heavy and bulky to use for solo-backpacking trips, limiting the functionality.
- Very expensive for not being the best burner on the market.
- Not very wind-resistant, leading to a lack of functionality in inclement weather.
The Jetboil HalfGen Base Camp Stove is an easy-to-use, functional, and effective stove that can be combined with various other burners for a complete cooking setup. Despite being at the very high end of the price spectrum, if you want a compatible stove that is easy to transport and clean, this could be a good choice.